Stacey Mendez is a Product Designer based in London. She has just founded ‘MDZ’ which focuses on creating and selling exciting, beautiful ‘things’ people want to have. With a keen sense of ‘style’, she challenges the status quo collaborating with start-ups, entrepreneurs, & small businesses to turn their ideas into ‘designed’ products.
Here are Stacey’s top 5 tips for designers starting out:
- Don’t worry too much about what type of designer you want to be when you are young. Just do what you love and enjoy doing and your path will come to you.
- Practice what you are good at. Find your strengths and focus on them.
- Listen and learn from people around you. Surround yourself with people better than you and learn from them.
- You got to network. Networking is key because you don’t know where your journey is going to take you.
- Don’t be so hard on yourself. Just keep getting better than you were yesterday.
Stacey graduated with first-class honors in (BA) Honors Product Design from Middlesex University and since then has worked in both Europe and Asia within industry-leading design studios focusing on Brand, Lifestyle and Strategy based projects. Starting her career with international experiences, she embraced cultural diversity and developed new ways of thinking. With a considered approach, what makes Stacey different is her stylistic graphical flair, her dislike for in-humane objects & independent mindset all encompassed in an undeniable love for story-telling.